Re: Foundations

> I am interested in a good reference book on foundation and footing
> design for medium to large commercial buildings.  I would appreciate any
> suggestions you might have.  Books I have found so far are suited more
> for geotechnical engineers than structurals.  Thanks in advance.
>
> Richard Boelter
> rgr275(--nospam--at)asu.edu

I would consider the Military manual NAVFAC DM-7.2, Foundation and Earth
Structures to be one of the best.  NAVFAC stands for Naval Facilities
Engineering Command.  They do have an Internet web site where you can order
their manuals (or at least view the manuals they have available and phone in
an order).

I consider their whole series of manuals to be excellent and would recommend
them to anyone.

Lynn