Re: Buliding steel frame's columns embedded in concrete

I think embedding the column base in the foundation concrete is a great
way of making a moment connection.  I suspect it isn't done too often
mainly because of coordination problems (delays completion of foundation
concrete until after the steel is erected).

Jay Bryan, P.E.