Re: Foundations

     Richard Boelter wrote:

<<I am interested in a good reference book on foundation and footing
design for medium to large commercial buildings.  I would appreciate any
suggestions you might have.  Books I have found so far are suited more
for geotechnical engineers than structurals.  Thanks in advance.>>

     Try the book "Foundation Design, Principles And Practices" by Donald
     P. Caduto., Prentice Hall, 1994.  I find it to be a good mix of
     geotechnical and structural.  It's used as a text book at several
     Southern California universities and it's also a good reference for
     the practicing engineer.

     Rick Drake, SE
     Fluor DAniel, Inc.