Re: Continuing Professional Development

On Wed, 15 Oct 1997, Caldwell, Stan wrote:

> In order to maintain my PE licenses, I currently am subject to mandatory
> CPD in New Mexico and voluntary (it will be mandatory in 2001) CPD in
> Texas.  This morning, I read that I will also be subject to mandatory
> CPD in Louisiana in 1999.  I've heard that mandatory CPD is also coming
> soon to Arkansas.  What is the current status of CPD in California, and
> elsewhere?
>
> Stan Caldwell, P.E.
> Dallas, Texas

Idaho is phasing in CPD.  Currently it is voluntary, but will become
mandatory.

New Hampshire has mandatory CPD.

I believe that Washington state currently does not have requirements for
CPD.

Ed.S.
Edwin R. Schmeckpeper, P.E., Ph.D.
Department of Civil Engineering                   Phone  : (208) 885-6702
University of Idaho                               FAX    : (208) 885-6608
Moscow, Idaho 83844-1022                          E-Mail : eds(--nospam--at)uidaho.edu