Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
EMBEDMENT OF MOMENT RESISTING STEEL FRAME IN FOUNDATION[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: EMBEDMENT OF MOMENT RESISTING STEEL FRAME IN FOUNDATION
- From: "K. Hemmatyar" <kch(--nospam--at)ultranet.ca>
- Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 14:43:30 -0700 (PDT)
Does anyone know about embedment of steel column (of moment resisting steel frame) in the concrete foundation? There is a two storey commercial building under the construction here in Vancouver (Canada.) The moment resisting steel frame of the building has its columns embedded in the concrete foundation. I noticed that there are also some stirrups around the columns in the foundation. I know that this type of embedment is common in gas stations. Is any provision for them in the Code? Thanks Casey Hemmatyar, P. Eng.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Effective Peak Acceleration to Velocity Related Acceleration
- Next by Subject: EMBEDMENT OF MOMENT RESISTING STEEL FRAME IN FOUNDATION
- Previous by thread: RE: Continuing Professional Development
- Next by thread: EMBEDMENT OF MOMENT RESISTING STEEL FRAME IN FOUNDATION