EMBEDMENT OF MOMENT RESISTING STEEL FRAME IN FOUNDATION

Does anyone know about embedment of steel column (of moment resisting steel
frame) in the concrete foundation? There is a two storey commercial building
under the construction here in Vancouver (Canada.) The moment resisting
steel frame of the building has its columns embedded in the concrete
foundation. I noticed that there are also some stirrups around the columns
in the foundation. I know that this type of embedment is common in gas
stations. Is any provision for them in the Code?

Thanks
Casey Hemmatyar, P. Eng.