Re: Seismic and Wind Zone Maps

Charlie,

I think that I got that information at a seminar put on by ICBO
several years ago.  All the ICBO seminars that I have attended were
presented by Jerry Neville and Jerry Barbera, so I must have heard it
from one of them.  ICBO's Service Center number is (toll free)
1-800-284-4406.  Jerry Neville's extension is 3266.

BTW, a subscription to ICBO's "Building Standards" magazine provides a
wealth of information.  In addition to the bi-monthly magazine, you
receive, if you opt for it, bi-monthly lists of current ICBO (and NES)
Evaluation Reports, proposed code changes (if they ever again start
keeping a code long enough so that changes can be proposed to it)
Evaluation Committee Recommendations concerning the proposed code
changes, challenges to the committee recommendations, and final
action.  All this for $25.00 (1-year subscription) to $55.00 (3-year
subscription).  This is the next best thing to Professional Membership
in ICBO.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona