RE: Continuing Professional Development

>Stan -
>
>  CPD is not yet a requirement here in Maryland. Regarding your state, how
>has CPD been defined? Are you required to take a predetermined number of
>hours of CPD on an annual basis? Is the definition of CPD such that a PC
>repair course can be considered CPD?
>
>Sorry to ramble but I'm in mourning over the Orioles :(

Charlie:

I have become an expert in mourning this week (Dallas Cowboys & Burn),
but I will try not to ramble.  The Texas program started with the NCEES
model, and then was customized by an appointed task force which included
a member of SEAoT.  It requires 15 PDHs (Professional Development Hours)
per year.  One PDH is equal to one hour of actual training, or 0.10 CEU.
 There are many different types of educational activities that qualify
for PDH credit, but the common denominator is that the activity "must be
relevant to the licensee's professional responsibilities in engineering
practice, management, or ethics."

I hope that this helps you,

Stan Caldwell, P.E.
Dallas, Texas