gypsum tile?

I am analyzing a 1929 concrete building that describes the partition walls
to be " 4" gypsum tile".  Is this similar to HCT (hollow clay tile) except
that it is made from gypsum?  Is it common to have a plaster finish?  I am
not sure how to determine the weight of the wall since I do not know the
face shell thickness and unit dimensions. Has anyone had experience in this
material?

Jeff Smith