CEU - Accessible and affordable information

Forget the debate about CEU's for the moment.

Why is it that professional organizations in major cities as
well as material associations do not make siminars or
information available at a reasonable price to members outside
major metropolitian area's? Why must we pay an average of
$150.00 to attend a seminar that offers to explain a code
related subject. Why too, must we pay to obtain a commentary
that explains what we pay exhorbitantly for obtain in each Code
that we purchase? Why must we pay additionally for revisions to
the code that correct mistakes in the edition we paid $85.00
for?

These questions are rhetorical. If active members with access to
the boards of any of the professional organizations are reading
this, then you may help the cause by supporting taped, published
and Cyber-seminar (Internet seminars via Real Audio or similar).
The use of new marketing tools will make more information
available to the professional community at much lower prices
(more in line with Mini-seminar prices charged by SEAOSC) and
will create a greater potential for income to help these
organizations survive.
What we need is to strap the board of directors for each
organization and their committee chairpersons to a chair and run
these posts by them on the internet so that we can grab their
attention away from those issues that they believe are the only
ones affecting the profession. They need to widen their view to
preserve their organisation.
Maybe we should vote only for board members that are Internet
literate enough to bring the arugments away from the "immediate
family" and onto the cyber-table where they can hear the voice
of the public.

Enough, I have to go cut my hair, change from bell-bottoms to a
suit and get off this soap box.
Amen!

Dennis