From: smthengr(--nospam--at)sirius.com
To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
Subject: gypsum tile?
Date: Saturday, October 18, 1997 1:41PM

I am analyzing a 1929 concrete building that describes the partition
walls
to be " 4" gypsum tile".  Is this similar to HCT (hollow clay tile)
except
that it is made from gypsum?  Is it common to have a plaster finish?  I
am
not sure how to determine the weight of the wall since I do not know the
face shell thickness and unit dimensions. Has anyone had experience in
this
material?

Jeff Smith