Re: CEU's or paying for information?

>Why is at that none of the organizations like
>AISC, ACI, AITC are not making journal available online?
Maybe they haven't heard enough outraged commentary from the membership.
The ASME is in the same boat--their web site has less content than a used
car ad. I've been taking them to task for a while, and I don't expect to
do anything single handed, but maybe if enough members speak out... I
think we'd have better luck with this if information were available on a
members-only basis as a benefit of belonging. God knows my dues have been
going up (and benefits going down) fast enough. If I could sneak a peek
at some of the out of print publications or even be able to borrow
library materials on-line, it might make getting nicked each year a
little less painful.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw