Subject: BOLT- Epoxy Anchors

Adhesive anchors such as the Hilti System are a good choice.  Resins
used, however, are not epoxies in the normal sense of the word, as
epoxies tend to shrink.  Hilti uses polyester (HBP system) and
vinylester (HEA system) resins, the later being preferred.  Strength
loss occurs with increase in temperature with a precipitous dropoff
below 80 percent at 270 degrees F (HEA system).  Thus anchors are
incompatible in fire-rated walls without additional protection.  In your
case, with (assuming) real brick enclosure, the fire protection
requirements will have been met.  No problem for temperatures below
freezing provided oven-dried sand is used.  Hilti system is first class.
 If other than Hilti is being used, check on materials included.  Hilti
has excellent literature on subject. Ask for their ICBO evaluation
report (No. 4016, December 1988)

Warren Stewart, SE