RE: Z-values for wood lag bolts, screws and nails -Reply

Tim McCormick wrote:

>Maybe "Connections" software from AFPA. Does anybody  use or
>recommend this program?

My firm is based in Dallas and seldom is involved in residential design
work, so we rarely design in wood.  However, when we do, we use both of
AFPA's Woodworks programs:  Connections and Sizer.  Both programs are
pretty slick.  Connections covers most common connections, and has a
simple Windows graphical interface.  Sizer 97 incorporates the 1997 NDS,
32-bit Windows, and a graphical interface similar to RAM Steel and PCA
Build.

For more information on either product, or to download demo versions,
visit the AWC website at:
http://www.woodworks-software.com/woodworks-us.htm.  For detailed
technical questions, I recommend that you contact Gord Cameron with
Software Metrics (the software author) at:  gordc(--nospam--at)metrics.com.

Hope this helps,

Stan R. Caldwell, P.E.
Dallas, Texas

HALFF ASSOCIATES, INC.
Engineers*Architects*Planners
8616 Northwest Plaza Drive
Dallas, Texas  75225
Phone:    (214)739-0094
Fax:        (214)739-0095
Email:      scaldwell(--nospam--at)halff.com
Website:  http://www.halff.com