Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: CEU's or paying for info[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org'" <seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org>
- Subject: RE: CEU's or paying for info
- From: "Dennis S. Wish PE" <wish(--nospam--at)cyberg8t.com>
- Date: Wed, 22 Oct 1997 10:08:20 -0700
-----Original Message----- From: Roger Turk [SMTP:73527.1356(--nospam--at)compuserve.com] Sent: Tuesday, October 21, 1997 3:13 PM To: BlindCopyReceiver:; Subject: CEU's or paying for info Dennis Wish: You hit the nail on the head when you stated that industry considers the information they have as a marketable commodity. The worst group that I have seen is the AIA and their MasterSpec. You can't just buy the CD-ROM! In order to buy the CD-ROM, you have to buy the hard copy at $600+, then they will let you buy the CD-ROM for another $300-$400! I tried to convince some SYT (Sweet Young Thing) at AR-AIA that the CD-ROM cost them nothing --- that they already had the text in their computer and all they had to do was was make a copy of it and send it out. For a hard copy, they have to print it and then pay the postage for the weight of all that paper. Needless to say, I could have been talking to a tree. In the short time that I have been subscribing to this listservice, I have seen more important technical information freely exchanged without any thought of reaping financial rewards than I have seen almost anywhere else. A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural) Tucson, Arizona That's because we are in the business to assimilate the information, not profit from the information itself. Dennis
- Prev by Subject: CEU's or paying for info
- Next by Subject: CEU's or paying for information?
- Previous by thread: CEU's or paying for info
- Next by thread: Good ASD book?