Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: CEU's or paying for information?[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org'" <seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org>
- Subject: RE: CEU's or paying for information?
- From: "Dennis S. Wish PE" <wish(--nospam--at)cyberg8t.com>
- Date: Wed, 22 Oct 1997 10:36:36 -0700
Bill Allen finally (after all these months) made comments to online information that I agree without argument about. The latest format that most scanning softwares seem to be moving toward is PDF format which is created by Adobe software. In an effort to standardize a platform, leading scanner software manufactures are planing to change their conversions from proprietary systems to PDF files. This is an excellent format that is very easy to convert to. The document maintains its graphic content in a WYSIWYG (what-you-see-is-what-you-get) format and the documents can be printed. SEAOC Online is working (actually I have procrastinated this part) on converting our documents to PDF files. All it takes is loading the file into either the full Acrobat program or support programs like PageMaker which will convert them. To make matters more appealing, most browsers including Internet Explorer and Netscape support PDF files with built in viewers. I believe we should be pushing ICBO and the other non-profit organizations to follow this format and make their technical reports available to the professional community over the Net. Dennis Wish PE
- Prev by Subject: RE: CEU's or paying for information?
- Next by Subject: Change in Rules for SE License in Washington State
- Previous by thread: RE: CEU's or paying for information?
- Next by thread: CEU - Accessible and affordable information