RE: CEU's or paying for information?

Bill Allen finally (after all these months) made comments to
online information that I agree without argument about.
The latest format that most scanning softwares seem to be moving
toward is PDF format which is created by Adobe software. In an
effort to standardize a platform, leading scanner software
manufactures are planing to change their conversions from
proprietary systems to PDF files.
This is an excellent format that is very easy to convert to. The
document maintains its graphic content in a WYSIWYG
(what-you-see-is-what-you-get) format and the documents can be
printed.
SEAOC Online is working (actually I have procrastinated this
part) on converting our documents to PDF files. All it takes is
programs like PageMaker which will convert them.
To make matters more appealing, most browsers including Internet
Explorer and Netscape support PDF files with built in viewers.

I believe we should be pushing ICBO and the other non-profit
organizations to follow this format and make their technical
reports available to the professional community over the Net.

Dennis Wish PE