Re: WOOD - Load bearing studs in a party wall

You won't gain any brownie points by asking for the blocking, it's labor
intensive and if you extend the blocking between the studs, you may be
defeating the function of the sound/fire separation.

I don't think the l/d has to be the same for both axis, only with
allowable limits.