RE: Good ASD book?

Dennis Wish wrote:

>Personally, I favor Steel Structures - Design and Behavior by Salmon &
Johnson ...

I tried teaching ASD from the 3rd edition of this book (as adjunct
faculty) and found it impossible!  While the book portends to cover both ASD
and LRFD, ASD is quickly submerged to where it can't be found.  Students
became so confused that I told them to put the book away and don't look at it
for the rest of the semester and for about 5 years afterward.  Then they
would be able to discern the differences and pick out what they wanted to
know.

The one good thing about this book is that it has included copies of
reference material, word-for-word, that I have sought out from time-to-time
over the years.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

[Def.  Adjunct - Something in addition to something else ... not necessary.]