Asphalt Overlay

I know topics discussed on this listserve are to be structural, but
maybe one of you guys/girls can help me with a problem.  About 3 months
ago, we did a 1 1/2" to 2" resurfacing job on an airport runway and the
density of the asphalt was within standards.  Random tests were done
recently and the average density has dropped 5% and nobody seems to know
why.  If you might have a clue, I would appreciate your comments.

Chris Towne, E.I.T.