Re: Asphalt Overlay

Chris,

I'd check the following first:

 1. Verify the Max. Theoretical Density used during construction against
 the Mix Design Max. Theoretical, and perform a Rice Test on the current
asphalt
 samples to evaluate the actual measured density.

 2.  Current FAA specs require a QC/QA testing.  Have you compared the
test results of the contractor with the
 QA agency?.  Also, it might be good to plot curves of the asphalt index
testing over the course of the project.

 3. Verify that the laboratory running the test has calibrated all of
the measuring equipment recently.

 4.
Just some places to start.