steel decking

Hi
I need some opinion regard field matter

I specified 20 GA steel decking to span 8 ft  with 4 1/2 " light weight
concrete the contractor change the direction of steel decking without
consulting me and  span it 12 feet without shoring one area deflect and
buckled out
about 8x12 feet  so he called me to fixed
what you think
1- adding a beam under the deflected area
     which is deformed,but it is very strong
2- remove the deformed (roof) decking and replaced
     with new one and pour new concrete

thanks in advance

Dave A. P.E.