Re: steel decking

How clear were the drawings about the direction of deck span?  Did the
Contractor have a reason for spaning the deck the wrong way?  In my
experience, when mistakes like this happen it's often not a black and
white issue.
I advise you to go for the least cost satisfactory solution, and resist
the urge to punish the Contractor.

J. Bryan, PE