RE: SEAOC CAD STANDARDS

From:	Bill Allen [SMTP:BAllenSE(--nospam--at)mail-gw2.pacbell.net]
Sent:	Monday, October 27, 1997 10:52 AM
To:	seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
Subject:	Re: SEAOC CAD STANDARDS

This is just another in a long list of threads where we banter
about
recommendations for "changing the world" and nothing will ever
happen. We
can discuss the merits of a common cad system until we are all
blue in the
face, but it will be impossible to get our clients to conform.

With my current setup, I have to work like a chameleon sometimes
having to
conform to my client's standards. Other times, I use my own. If
someone is
willing to hire me and they want me to conform to a particular
cad standard
(and are willing to pay for it), I'll do it.

[Dennis S. Wish PE]  I agree, if the client wants me to use a
standard, he will supply me with a drawing that has all of his
layers attached and I will simply fill the appropriate layers.
Otherwise, I'll use my own.