Re: steel decking

steel decking working as composite section for vertical
loads and as a diaphragm for lateral loads
so my worry is
1- for vertical loading  there is more concrete in buckling area
and it might be close to yielding or the spot weld will fail and full
yes it is roof but you don't  know what will happen

and yes I indicate the direction of span by arrow but I guess the
contractor has no experience with steel decking

2- if the weld fail there will be no diaphragm in this area
it will go loose if earthquake happen although there is
welded wire mesh  in the concrete but that only
temperature steel

thanks for everyone giving his opinion that was
a lot of support

D.A. P.E.