RE: SEAOC CAD STANDARDS

From:	Bill Allen [SMTP:BAllenSE(--nospam--at)mail-gw.pacbell.net]
Sent:	Monday, October 27, 1997 7:29 PM
To:	seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
Subject:	Re: SEAOC CAD STANDARDS

It's starting to sound like I misunderstood the goals of this
effort. I was
under the impression that the results of this work would attempt
to lead
towards an industry wide CAD standard, which I think is a waste
of time.
However, it appears that the goal actually is to develop some
guidelines to
assist an office to set up their own CAD standards if they
haven't already.
If this is the case, I apologize for my offensive comments to
all. [Dennis S. Wish PE]  .Plop, the boot just got removed from
where the sun don't shine. Bill, you must be getting awfully
sore back there. BTW, one more plug. Your last comment about
taking it elsewere was not called for. Even if James and the
others wanted to discuss a standard that followed your original
misinterpretation, they are more than welcome to use this list.
You can most certainly set your email program to dump those
topics which you don't care to follow.
We have carried any number of discussions into the ground with
very few complaints by those that were not interested in the
topic. This list is unmoderated and as long as the topics are
not offensive, immoral or spam they have the right to discuss
their opinions openly on this list. The last thing we want to do
is censure people because we don't agree with the topic. If this
were the case, I'd be off this list two years ago - by popular
demand.
Dennis