Re: SEAOC CAD STANDARDS

A couple of comments..
By freezing unwanted layers, the speed is increased. It really doesn't
matter how many layers you have as long as you have the ability to view the
layers that are important to you. I think the layer filter feature in Acad
is way underutilized and, beginning with R14, the layer list on the layer
control toolbar will show only the layers that match the filter criteria.
This is pretty cool for someone like me who uses a lot of layers.

There are a lot of layer management utilities out there including a lot of
layer management improvements with R14. Softdesk Core and Productivity tools
is my utility of choice. I'm able to freeze layers on an XRef file without
having to know the name of the file. I believe this feature is in the R14
bonus layer tools package as well.
R14 also now has an icon to "make current layer" whereby one selects an
entity and the current layer is changed to the layer of that entity. Pretty
slick.

I didn't know that Acad had a release 5.0. I thought they went from version
2.5 something to version 9.

Regards,
Bill Allen

P.S. - If you're going to be a cynic, you can't have thin skin :o). If
anyone has a topic that has been met with apathy, call me. I stir up
something.