RE: SEAOC CAD STANDARDS

> There still is a command line in R14 and much fewer fly-out
> icons. I had
> trouble
> with icons at first. But, when you know what icon you want,
> it's much faster
> (and
> I type very fast).

Tip;
Create one or two custom icon menus for most of your drafting
needs. I created only one menu which I call production and
virtually disregard the rest.
Another feature I would not be without is voice recognition.
After working in CAD with voice recognition software like Listen
For Windows 95 (Verbex software) or Voice Pro (Kurtzweil - Alpha
Software) I would not work without it. No matter how custom you
make your system, nothing can replace the speed of voice
commands and virtually every CAD package that uses key stroke
commands or typed commands can use voice recognition.
It may seem a little unusual to see ten draftsman in your office
talking to their monitors, but then again that's a small price
to pay for productivity.

Dennis