RE: Steel Building Bracing

Tom, where are you seeing a TENSION-ONLY provision in the UBC?  For
Zones 3/4, the 1994 and 1997 UBC have stringent limits on slenderness
ratios of braces and require compression braces to carry 70% of story
shear.  This has eliminated use of rod x-bracing and virtually forced
use of tubes.  If you have found a way around these provisions, I'm all
ears (figuratively).