Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: RE:Dynamics Question[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: Re: RE:Dynamics Question
- From: "Bill Sherman" <SHERMANWC(--nospam--at)cdm.com>
- Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 14:18:14 +0500
Tarek Mokhtar wrote: > > I see some books dividing the seismic forces (produced by dynamic > analysis) by Rw. UBC section 16220.127.116.11 allows this division only for > soils type S4. Should one scale dynamic forces according to 1629.5.3 > without involving the Rw factor for buildings on soils S1,S2,&S3 ? > UBC(94)-1629.5.3 "requires" scaling up of results per item 1 in that section and "allows" scaling down of results per item 2 in that section. The results of the dynamic analysis are compared with the results of section 1628 - Rw is incorporated as allowed in section 1628. Section 1629.2.4 does not specifically disallow using Rw for other soil types - it just gives the specific procedure to be used for soil type S4.
- Prev by Subject: RE:Dynamics Question
- Next by Subject: RE: Dynamics Question
- Previous by thread: RE:Dynamics Question
- Next by thread: RE: Dynamics Question