RE: Expansion Anchors in Masonry

Lynn Howard wrote:
> Hilti Kwik Bolt II has values in their catalog for bolts in grouted
> filled
> block (ASTM C90, Grade N, type I).  However, I do not kind an ICBO
> report
> in the back of their manual for this application.
> It is surprising that a building official will not accept a building
> product unless it has an ICBO report.  That is a little harsh and
> unrealistic in my opinion.
>
> Lynn

It is in fact true that we have values for the Kwik Bolt II's in grout
filled block in our Technical Manual.  I like to remind people that an
ICBO Evaluation Report is just that; it is a report and not approval.
It does not cover anybody's backside or keep them from determining code
compliance.  Since nobody has an ICBO report, what are the options?

Chris Gill
Manager of Field Engineering
Hilti, Inc.

gillchr(--nospam--at)us.hilti.com