Re: Steel Building Bracing

I would be curious how well such structures do with regard to lateral
drift.  That's not to say that "Butler" type buildings are not of high
quality, but they have appropriate uses - an exception in the code allows many
such buildings to waive drift limits if safety can be demonstrated by
calculation (94 UBC 1628.8.2).
The last metal building system I looked at had a story drift 3 times larger
than 0.005*height which might not be very comfortable for many custom home
owners!

Respectfully,
Joe McCormick