RE: Strange But True

>----------

Dennis:

All but the first paragraph of my post on this subject was an article
taken directly from the October issue of the CELSOC (Consulting
Engineers and Land Surveyors of California) newsletter.  I did not edit
the original text of the article in any way.  If you would like to
review the original newletter as a PDF file, you can find it at:

http://www.celsoc.org/update.html

Go read the article again.  This has nothing to do with "Licensed" vs.
"Registered".  Instead, it deals with the legalization of building
design by individuals who are not Professional Engineers.  In fact, no
engineering education or experience of any kind would be required.  This
gets my blood pressure up, and I don't make my living in California.  If
you and your peers wish to retain your professional stature, and if
Governor Wilson hasn't signed the bill into law yet, perhaps  a "Million
Engineer March" to Sacramento is in order!  You and Bill Allen can lead
the parade.

Hope this helps....

Stan R. Caldwell, P.E.
"from Texas, the land of tight laws and...."