Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
pull-out strength: stainless bolt in aluminum[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: pull-out strength: stainless bolt in aluminum
- From: "Dave Evans" <DEVANS(--nospam--at)tnhanc.alaska.net>
- Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 15:07:07 -0900
- >received: from tnhanc.alaska.net by tnhanc.alaska.net (UUPC/extended 1.12p/sm2) with UUCP for seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org; Thu, 30 Oct 1997 16:25:25 +0900
- Priority: normal
Can anyone help me find allowable pull-out values for a 1/2" diameter stainless steel bolt in a tapped hole in 6061-T6 aluminum as a function of embedment (thread engagement) length, from 1/2" to 1-1/4" deep? Nothing in the 1994 UBC looks applicable, as regards stripping the aluminum threads. Thanks much, Dave Evans, P.E. TNH, Inc.
- Prev by Subject: private school plan check and structural observation
- Next by Subject: Re: pull-out strength: stainless bolt in aluminum
- Previous by thread: Re: Strange but True (SB 828)
- Next by thread: Re: pull-out strength: stainless bolt in aluminum