Re: Strange but True (SB 828)

I agree that the public's interest and the PROFESSIONAL's interest should be
and, I believe, are the same. Let's look at another example though where
this may appear to be true but actually not.

Socialized medicine.

Say our "wonderful" government (i.e., Her Highness, Hillary) decides
socialized medicine would be in the best interest of the general public. She
mandates that every one shall be enrolled in a medical program, whether they
can afford it or not. Our taxes go up to pay for this program (of course
because they _never_ go down). All of a sudden, there is a shortage of
doctors. To compensate for this, either the medical schools have to drop
their standards to let more students in and to graduate or this wondrous
program is modified so that non-MDs are allowed to perform certain
procedures that are here-to-for reserved for the MDs.

Now, some would say that this IS in the public's interest because people who
had not been able to get medical attention now can. All I will say is that
the medical attention I get now is going to be downgraded. Hmmm, Mexico has
socialized medicine, let's use that model!!

While I love my country, I don't trust my government and I have ZERO faith
in any activity the government does under the guise of "public safety".

Regards,
Bill Allen
(the cynic)