INS - E&O Recommendations

My current E&O policy is set to expire in January. While I have been very happy with the service my company/broker have provided to me the past five years, I am compelled to research less costly alternatives. As a "one man shop", my E&O insurance premiums represent the largest line item in my business expenses (outside of me, thank God).

I have heard that ASCE has pretty inexpensive policies, but my broker has warned me that they are not very service oriented. I don't know if this is true or if she was using a tactic to keep my business. Although I have not had any "hits", I have had a couple of occasions where a file was opened and I used the advice of the E&O carrier to guide me on approaching particular problems. I am certain, regardless of my due diligence, that I want to keep this type of service. If anyone has had any good (or bad) experience from their companies and can direct me, I would appreciate it.

Another alternative is to reduce my coverage. I currently carry $250K per incident/$500K per year w/$2,500 deductible. If anyone has any advice on changing my limits, I would like to listen.

Thanks,
Bill Allen