School Seismic Saftey

I'm looking for information regarding the development of state
requirements for seismic safety in the design and construction of public
school buildings. I have browsed the Office of Regulation Services of
the Division of the State Architect for CA and found useful information
regarding the administrative regulations and Title 24 however I am
looking to supplement that with some additional history. Any help would
be appreciated.

Reasons for this search are to assist the Utah Seismic Safety Commission
in assessing the states' current policies. Also interested approaches
from other states with  "seismic" school requirements. Thanks

Barry Welliver
begin:          vcard
fn:             Barry H. Welliver
n:              Welliver;Barry H.
email;internet: wellive(--nospam--at)ibm.net
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: FALSE
version:        2.1
end:            vcard