RE: SEAOC CAD STANDARDS

Talking about AutoCad speed, I was running AutoCad on a Leading Edge dual
speed (4.77MHz/7.13MHz) XT compatible (8088/8087) and using the San Diego
Users Group Benchmark, I was able to tweak the computer so that it ran the
benchmark in just a few seconds over *2 hours*!  When I got the money
available, I installed an Intel Inboard 386/PC board (16 MHz) in the Leading
Edge (which, with a 387 chip, replaced the 8088/8087) and ran the benchmark
in 30 minutes, with no additional tweaking!  Boy, was that an improvement!

I'm still using the Leading Edge (at home).  The problem now is that the 20MB
hard drive is too small and too slow, so I am going to install a 210MB drive
when I get the time.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona