Need some advise in Santa Monica

I am doing a retrofit to a building in Santa Monica that must
conform to the city's Open Front Retrofit program. I need some
advice regarding my project from an engineer with some
experience in this work. I have a couple of opinions as to my
approach with the design, but need to discuss my assumptions
with another engineer to see if there is validity in my idea.
Please email me at wish(--nospam--at)cyberg8t.com if you can help me resolve
my problem and get this job submitted. I would really like to
hear from an engineer who has done this work in Santa Monica and
understands what the city requires. This is not a typical
store-front structure, but more typical of a motel with a drive
through with offices above the drive through.
Thank you
Dennis Wish PE