Re: Strange but True (SB 828)

Neil Moore wrote:

> Nigel:
>
> I appreciate and respect your comments, but I suggest that you read my
> Sunday post re: Standing Fiirm, which focuses on Brad Boehm, P.E.  He is
> the City of Sacramento's building official who is apparently trying to
> enforce the MINIMUM U.B.C. standards.  I know something about this as well
> as his history here in El Dorado County where he also went up against the
> good old boy establishment.

Perhaps his position would be a lot more tenable if more engineers were involved
in what's going on at all levels?  This guy's out there all by hisse'f, so of
course he looks like a bug looking for a windshield on the highway of life.

> For your information, I'm on the county's building department appeal board
> which is either a reward or a penalty for supporting Brad Boehm's possibly
> quixotical efforts in the past.  I'm also on a committee of architects and
> structural engineers for the City of Sacramento and am a past chairman of
> the Computer Computation Committee of SEONC.  I'm not as active as I used
> to be because like many of the rest of the list, I pretty much run a one
> man show, even though I am now employed by a larger firm.

Coo-oo-ool! :-)  Now let's get the rest of the folks on this list equally
involved! :-D

Nigel