Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Steel Building Bracing[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: Re: Steel Building Bracing
- From: PRSE(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Mon, 3 Nov 1997 20:22:34 -0500 (EST)
I saw some downslope homes after Northridge where the rod bracing parallel to the slope failed (at the connections, I think), and the house launched itself down the hillside. It's hard to imagine a worse failure mode.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Steel Building Bracing
- Next by Subject: steel decking
- Previous by thread: Re: Steel Building Bracing
- Next by thread: Increasing Footing Bearing Pressure