Wind and seismic requirements

Moustafa Oloumi write:

>I am interested to know the local wind and seismic design
>requirements in OKINAWA, Japan. Does anyone have any
>information on the subject or any suggestions as to where to
>locate the information.

I don't have any information on wind, but the seismic information is
now in the 1997 UBC.  Appendix Chapter 16 contains seismic zone
tabulations for areas outside of the United States.  In that table,
Okinawa is listed as Zone 4.

If you are wondering about the origin of this table, it was adopted
out of the Tri-services manual for seismic design.  That will explain
why some of the locations in the table are listed as AFB for Air
Force Base.

I hope this is helpful.

Brian Kehoe
BEK(--nospam--at)WJE.COM