Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Wind and seismic requirements[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: Wind and seismic requirements
- From: Brian Kehoe <BEK(--nospam--at)wje.com>
- Date: Tue, 04 Nov 1997 10:08:04 -0700
- Encoding: 23 Text
Moustafa Oloumi write: >I am interested to know the local wind and seismic design >requirements in OKINAWA, Japan. Does anyone have any >information on the subject or any suggestions as to where to >locate the information. I don't have any information on wind, but the seismic information is now in the 1997 UBC. Appendix Chapter 16 contains seismic zone tabulations for areas outside of the United States. In that table, Okinawa is listed as Zone 4. If you are wondering about the origin of this table, it was adopted out of the Tri-services manual for seismic design. That will explain why some of the locations in the table are listed as AFB for Air Force Base. I hope this is helpful. -------------------> Brian Kehoe BEK(--nospam--at)WJE.COM
- Prev by Subject: Why He is who He is ...
- Next by Subject: Wind and seismic requirements in OKINAWA, Japan
- Previous by thread: RE: CAD Programs
- Next by thread: stresses in pipes