Re: CAD Programs

Bill:

No, I haven't forgotten R14's ActiveX Automation support and VBA. Don't forget also that both are new and the latter is still in pre-release form. Beware of version 1.0 of anything! I haven't looked at either closely, but am told that R14's ActiveX Automation performance is very slow (probably an issue only for computationally-intensive apps). The VBA pre-release is said to have excellent performance, but some significant glitches and gaps in functionality. With any luck, Autodesk will address the most significant VBA problems in the first real release.

It will be interesting to see what folks do with these new customization interfaces.

- Mark Middlebrook  73030.1604(--nospam--at)compuserve.com  MarkMid(--nospam--at)pacbell.net