Re: CAD Programs

Thanks to everyone who offered an opinion on the MicroStation/AutoCad
debate... the main reason I mention it is because for structural engineers...
there is not a main, end-all product that is heads and tails better than the
competition.    In other words, there is no "Word" for structural (my
apologies to other word processor fans).

Specifically, there is no product that can do structural drawings, structural
analysis, design, reporting, blah, blah, blah.   We've done it, but have
failed to win over the majority of US commercial structural engineers.
  We're great in the multi-discipline, integrated environment... but
inevitably, no one mentions us when it comes to discussions like this one.

My comments are only intended to help my chosen profession, not to push a
product.

Jim Barr
Intergraph structural development