Re: Permit Requirement Quest

Roger,

Thanks for your input.  This section of the UBC was also mentioned in a direct
email that I received from someone else.  Perhaps I should have noted in my
original message that I'm in Florida where the governing code is the Standard
Building Code (SBC).

I've reviewed the SBC for a section similar to the one you refer to in the UBC,
but found nothing. The latest version of the UBC that I have is 1991 (I left the
west coast in 1993) which makes no reference to Deferred Submittals.  However,
the last paragraph of UBC-91's section 303(a) is identical to section '106.3.3
Phased Approval' of the DRAFT of the IBC-2000.  Would you be so kind as to FAX
or email to me the UBC section 106.3.4.2 of the UBC?  It sounds like this is a
paragraph that 'should' be included in the IBC-2000.

Thanks is advance,

Lew Midlam
http://www.lcm.com