Re: Permit Requirement Q

Lew,

I will fax you section 106.3.4.2 from the 1997 UBC in the morning (weekend
rates are lower).  I thank you for calling my attention to the fact that the
IBC 2000 draft has the section entitled "Phased Construction," which in my
mind's eye is very different from "Deferred Submittals."

It was my understanding that with the 1994 UBC (and SSCBI and BOCA) that the
sections would be uniformly numbered, so I am surprised that the same section
of the Southern Building Code would not have similar language.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona