Jamaican design procedures / Friction dampers

I have two questions to pose this week.  The first question deals with the
design of a low rise structure in Jamaica and the second, the practise of
using friction dampers, in the seismic retrofit of a shear wall 6 storey
building in Ottawa.

Has anyone had any experience in designing low rise structures in Jamaica
for earthquakes or hurricanes?  What does a hurricane analysis entail?  Is
the Etabs model of the shear walls of the structure which I used for my
earthquake analysis sufficient?  I am using the 1988 Seaoc Blue Book for the
analysis with a zone 4 designation.

Has anyone had any experience in retrofitting shear walls with friction
dampers?
Has anyone heard of Pal friction dampers?  Is there anyway in Etabs to model
the efficiency/performance of the friction dampers in conjuction with the
shear walls.

Thanks in advance

I enjoyed the thread on the ASD vs LFRD debate a few weeks ago

Jon Turner