Re: CAD Programs

In article <346233AE.148A3C18(--nospam--at)mt.net>, "Nigel Mends, PE" <nmends(--nospam--at)mt.net> wrote:
>...Autocad has primarily held the architecture market, with Microstation,
>Intergraph's descendent, ruling much of the non-architectural engineering world.

I just got back from a recruiting trip to the University of Texas at
Austin.  I interviewed quite a few Architectural Engineering
about-to-be-graduates, and was surprised to learn that, in UT's ArE program
(which is, for ALL intents and purposes, a Structural Engineering program
with a few fluffy courses thrown in for good measure) the students are
required to take a CAD course in Microstation!

Great for US, because that is the platform we use (being a general Civil
consultant).