Dennis Wish Resignation

On behalf of the SEAOC Computer Applications Committee, I want to acknowledge Dennis Wish's desire to resign from the SEAOC Online newsletter to start an independent electronic newsletter, the A&E Journal.  He has volunteered for the past 6 years and we thank him for his efforts -- surely we appreciate how much time and energy this has taken.

Indeed, we have not been able to replace Dennis.  It has taken some time to find someone else who can donate so generously to the newsletter and this dilemma has led to the current tardiness of Online, but it is a problem we hope to solve soon.  You can expect the next issue to be finished shortly.

Please be reassured that the SEAOC Online newsletter will continue to be devoted to computer topics of interest to engineers.  Issues will feature Tips & Tricks, Software Reviews, and CAD topics.  Unfortunately, the departure of Dennis means the demise of Home Alone.  However, those who have enjoyed his columns can continue to follow his discourse in the A&E Journal which will be an extension of some of the issues raised in Home Alone.

Again, please join me in expressing our thanks.

James A. Lord
URS Greiner
SEAOC CAC Chairman