RE: SEAONC UBC 97 Seminar

Tom
This is a great start, and the price is in the right ballpark. I
intend to purchase the proceedings and tape so I can not speak
for the quality of the tape. As I mentioned numerous times,
there is another approach to this that may not be as easy to do,
but may have better results when it comes to seeing slide
presentations.

CD-ROM Multimedia Seminars.

Most of the seminars that I attended were simply a lecture and
accompaning slide presentation. It would be very easy to
reproduce slides into graphic images. This is easily done with a
Kodak process that converts slides to CD-ROM. Taking this
example and using a software that will allow the creation of a
slide presentation, it would be very easy to create a CD-ROM
presentation that is self running. The CD-ROM stores the audio
files and coordinates the slides to the audio.
If you would like, I would be happy to research the programs
that will automate the process. This will give a much higher
graphic resolution than video tape of a slide presentation taken
in a dark room.

Let me know if you want some help on this. With the comming
standard in DVD-CD's that are writeable, it would be very easy
to creat this presentation and reproduce it for around $7.00
each.
The same can be done on non-DVD drives right now for the same
cost. The CD-ROM can be viewed on any computer that has a CD-ROM
drive, an audio card and decent resolution. BTW, if you have a
CD-ROM, you most likely have the sound card and appropriate
graphics.

I applaud northern chapter for doing this and have suggested it
to southern chapter three years ago. Unfortunately, Southern
chapter did not follow through on this.

Please, pass it along.
Dennis Wish

On Monday, November 10, 1997 7:36 PM, HARRISENGR(--nospam--at)aol.com
[SMTP:HARRISENGR(--nospam--at)aol.com] wrote:

> << Sessions are being videotaped. Proceedings and videotapes
> are available
> for
>  sale through the SEAONC office (Tel:415-974-5147, Fax: 415-
>  764-4915): >>
>
>      Earlier we had a thread along these lines. Is this the
>      kind of product
> list subscribers wanted? If so please speak up so board
members