RE: E&O Coverage

I have an interesting twist on this.  I am the chairman of a building
committee at my church that is responsible for a $1 million+ new
sanctuary building.  It's all wood frame, by the way, with a basement.
Our architect does not presently have E&O insurance.  We have asked him
to pursue coverage and he came back with some numbers like
$250,000-$300,000 coverage for a premium of $5,000.  The two architects
on our committee are giving him a hard time that this is not enough
coverage for our project.  They maintain that the standard in the
industry is $1,000,000 of coverage and should not be hard to obtain for
a reasonable price.  It is interesting to be on the other side of this
issue and feel like we are exposed to undo liability if we do not insist
on adequate coverage.  I'm interested in further thoughts on this and
Dennis' question.

Kent Estes, S.E.