Re: E&O Coverage

>As I have said before, the ASCE policy is terrible, but it is cheap!

Isn't it a bit disturbing that the country's largest civil engineering
association is providing access to a professional liabilty policy that is
perceived as substandard?  I wonder if ASCE's new headquarters have been
designed by an Engineering firm that uses ASCE brokered insurance? Telling
your insurance company that you think their policy stinks is considered
poor form. Is there a graceful way to encourage ASCE to better protect its
members?  ... other than finding another broker. ASCE's competion (DPIC,
RAAMCO, CNA) is the first to remind you of ASCE's shortcomings, but that is
because they must justify that their premiums are twice what ASCE 's are.

Jeff Smith